Location Based Services are all the rage these days. The space is still being defined and the players are trying to differentiate their service offerings in order to attract the critical mass of developers. In this post I'll draw a side-by-side comparison of the main features provided by the major Places API providers today. While I have no hard numbers to back-up the "major provider" claim, I'll simply go for the webcompanies I would look … read on »
All posts tagged as “Places API”
AboutMy name is Florin Duroiu, I’m a software engineer in Berlin, Germany. This blog is about my day to day encounters with the challenges in software development and life at large.
Follow me on Twitter
- Anonymous on Towards An Open Database of Places: Location Autodiscovery
- Joan H-Greenleafseer on Atlantis spotted on Google Earth?
- Greg Loesch on Unit testing with Commons HttpClient library
- Steve_chee81 on Building a content aggregation service with node.js
- Adrian on Reviewing Google AppEngine for Java (Part 1)